Valérie Pesas - Ski instructor
I spent my entire youth on the shores of Lake Annecy, where I learnt basic sailing and skiing skills. Thanks to family connections with Charles Diebold, one of the resort’s pioneers, and to my uncle who taught me how to ski, my cousins and I discovered Val d’Isère at an early age, first for holidays then as a place of work.
Still a passionate sportswoman (sailing, swimming, squash, cycling and motor cycling), I split my time between Val d’Isère and the county of Herault in the South of France where, between training sessions, my husband and I are designing and building our second house.
From a professional point of view, I gained much experience in planning and organizing outdoor activities for kids when I worked for the UCPA (National Association of Outdoor Sports Centres) and Evolution 2 Ski School.
- I am fully qualified to teach to anyone but I specialize in teaching children and can adapt my lessons to the very youngest, from two and a half years of age.
- The skiing program and daily rhythm are adjusted to match the physiological and psychological capacities of each child.
- I usually get on well with kids because I focus on creating a fun environment in which to learn and meet new challenges. There’s never a dull moment.
- Different age groups are centred around specific interests with teenagers being gradually led towards a safe and responsible enjoyment of all-terrain skiing.
- My teaching methods are based on role-play with educational games inciting children to adopt the correct posture and position through imitation.
- I believe it’s important to spend time exchanging with parents before and after the skiing sessions to monitor their child’s technical, physical and psychological progress.
- Fluent in French and English
- Fully qualified French National Ski Instructor
- Fully qualified French National Sailing Instructor
- B.A.F.A. Youth leadership diploma
MY AREAS OF EXPERTISE
Prices and lesson times for 1 to 6 persons, may be modified according to specific requirements.
Your booking will be confirmed upon reception of a 30% deposit, payable by cheque or bank transfer.
The balance may be paid :
– in cash (Euros)
– by French cheque in Euros
– via bank transfer into my professional account
For extra flexibility, if my schedule permits, times may be adapted to fit your requirements.
Contact / information
Please do not hesitate to contact me for any further information.
Valérie Pesas : +33(0)188.8.131.52.40 / email : email@example.com
I hadn’t skied for 20 years but whitin the first hour felt completly at ease with myself and my instructor. Marc PESAS was patient, enthusiastic and explained everything in detail to ensure I understood. He was not only a very good instructor but fun as the same time. His knowledge of the moutain was outstanding and added an extra trat to my ski lessons. For me this was a fantastic weeks skiing and I attribute the most to having a superb ski instructor. As for my children, they have come away with many happy childhood memeories, in fact they’ve both said it’s been their best holiday ever. Valérie was excellent with the children and I was stunned by their progress during the week. Again I can only attribute this to their ski instrucor, Valérie, who felt completely at ease wiht when I left them in her care. I would like to thank Marc and Valérie for making our holiday a special one. Merci
Big thank you to Valérie PESAS for sorting out lessons for Ruby and Freya last week. Val’s input made a massive difference to our holiday and the girls are skiing wonderfully now.
I just want to say a big thank you to Valérie PESAS whose patience and enthusiasm helped a girl who thought the week was going to be horrendous, to actually enjoy herself. I have even agreed to try again next year ! Don’t worry Valérie, it will be in a different resort !! Many thanks !
This a feedback from last week all good. Marc and Valérie PESAS made the ski trip a real pleasure. They were simply the best !!! Valérie was an excellent teacher. Jamie had an excellent week in her company. Marc for the boys was great. He would bring them to and from them.