Valérie Goin - Ski instructor
Skiing pleasure, but that’s not all …
The mountains, snow and skiing are a natural and familiar environment to me. I was born into a family of skiers: my parents were instructors in Barcelonette, and after some years of racing, I decided to follow in their footsteps.
Now a fully qualified instructor, I began teaching in the UCPA (National Association of Outdoor Sports Centres). I spent 15 years there, then 10 more in another ski school, to learn all the tricks of the trade. I have lived in Val d’Isère for 25 years now, the area is unique and sufficiently vast to satisfy my passion for both on and off piste skiing.
Energetic, enthusiastic and friendly, I’m also very meticulous. I believe that you can work hard but still be cheerful and have fun! Teaching is a true vocation for me, and I’ll do the best I can to offer you quality instruction and plenty of new thrills, in a safe environment.
My passion for skiing is contagious and will help you improve. Sign up with me, for ski tuition with a feminine touch !!
The joy of learning!
- Alone, with your family or amongst friends, come and explore the “Espace Killy” ski area. Learn and improve in a safe environment via a truly educational approach to skiing on various terrains adapted to your level or age.
- Adult or child, beginner or advanced skier, I’ll help you develop your full potential, gain a better position and acquire new skills. As your technical competency increases, so the learning strategies and choice of terrain will be adapted to suit your progress.
- I offer a personalized approach to teaching, tailor-made tuition to match your aims and your needs, with just the right dose of technique and practice. I’ll do my best to organize your skiing days according to your personal rhythm, your expectations, and your wishes, as far as my own commitments permit.
- A fun and friendly atmosphere, where you can feel at ease and experience the pleasure of learning.
- Fluent in French and English
- Fully qualified French National Ski Instructor
- Fully qualified French National Swimming Instructor
- Fully qualified French National Scuba-diving Instructor
My areas of expertise
*For children: alone or in small groups, from their first tentative steps on skis to performance level, I’ll show kids of all ages how to have fun skiing while at the same time teaching them how to navigate the slopes safely and observe the mountain environment. I’ll coax, encourage and care for your children every step of the way, creating a lively learning environment in which to develop their skills.
Off piste skiing : the ultimate skiing pleasure !
For a pleasant outing in the great outdoors, or should you wish to develop your technical ability for skiing steeper, narrower, more challenging terrain, Val d’Isère is the best place to be !
From novices to expert skiers, I can ensure a made-to-measure top quality programme designed to lead you safely and surely towards the acquisition of new skills.
Following my technical tips, you will soon learn to adapt your skiing to varying types of terrain and to different snow conditions for optimal enjoyment and new sensations. I can also teach you ski touring skills, leaving the ski lifts behind and adventuring off the beaten track into the open country.
Your safety is my first concern, so you will placed in a group of no more than 6 skiers, each equipped with avalanche transceiver, shovel and collapsible probe. Linked by radio to the mountain rescue networks, I carefully check the weather forecast and snow conditions every day.
If I consider them at all unsuitable, our outing programme will be modified and adapted to safer itineraries.
Connect with nature, capture the essence of the mountains!
- From 9 am to 4:30 pm
Morning: 4 h360€*
- From 9 am to 1 pm
Afternoon: 3 h270€*
- From 2 to 4 pm
Possibility of supplement for groups, large family, off piste
Your booking will be confirmed upon reception of a 30% deposit, payable by cheque or bank transfer.
The balance may be paid :
– in cash (Euros)
– by French cheque in Euros
– via bank transfer into my professional account
For extra flexibility, if my schedule permits, times may be adapted to fit your requirements.
Contact / information