Marc Pesas - Ski instructor
From my upbringing in an outdoor sports-oriented family in a Parisian suburb, I inherited the love of coordinated movement and being one with nature.
I was a young rock climber, a skier, a camping fan, then I gradually discovered other activities like cycling, sailing and horse-riding. Now I’m lucky enough to be able to share my passion with those who place their confidence in my teaching.
My professional background – I was first a teacher, then a director in charge of a UCPA centre (National Association of Outdoor Sports Centres) for 20 years, and I also spent some time at the University of Savoie – has enabled me to gain a lot of experience in management and creation. In order to expand my career path, I later came back to teaching and joined Evolution 2 Ski School.
A sportsman at heart, I respect others, nature and a healthy lifestyle : “A sound mind in a healthy body” is my motto. I like to live life to the fullest in everything I do, whether it be cooking, teaching or building my own house with my wife.
- My aim : technical, easy-to-grasp skiing, aiming to maximize efficiency for greater pleasure.
- A solid understanding of ski mechanics, together with a generally good insight into my clients’ personalities, enable me to adapt my methods, “moulding” my teaching to fit all levels of ability.
- A soft and slow approach to begin the week with a “back to basics” session. Tailor-made lessons to match the abilities and wishes of each individual, with safety as a top priority (warm up – focal points – wind down).
- A modern approach where each technical ingredient can be fine-tuned to make you a more competent all-mountain skier, capable of skiing on all types of terrain (groomed slopes, ice hard-pack, powder snow, moguls, steep slopes).
- Confidence-building for the more timorous, as well as individual problem-solving. I am very patient !
- Personal follow-up from technical, psychological and physical angles. Individualized advice for equipment purchase or hire, during lessons and year after year.
- The more you get to know and appreciate your client, the more you can help him to progress. It’s all about sharing the passion and the pleasure!
- Fluent in French and English
- Level 2 state-qualified ski instructor
- University diploma in tourism and leisure centre management
- BAFD Holiday centre management diploma
MY AREAS OF EXPERTISE
Prices and and length of the lessons for 1 to 6 persons, adjustable on demand.
Your booking will be confirmed upon reception of a 30% deposit, payable by cheque or bank transfer.
The balance may be paid :
– in cash (Euros)
– by French cheque in Euros
– via bank transfer into my professional account
For extra flexibility, if my schedule permits, times may be adapted to fit your requirements.
Contact / information
Do not hesitate to contact me for any further information!
Marc Pesas : +33(0)22.214.171.124.23 / email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Dear Marc, I wanted to say how much I enjoyed my 3 lessons, you gave me confidence as well as much better technique, and should we come to Val d’Isère I would definately email you to pre book lessons with you. I wish you all the best for the remainder of the season and a very good summer. Kind regards
Marc, Thank you very much for all your kind patience in teaching us to ski last week, we had a lot of fun and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. We will definitely come again.
Melinda and Collette
I hadn’t skied for 20 years but whitin the first hour felt completly at ease with myself and my instructor. Marc PESAS was patient, enthusiastic and explained everything in detail to ensure I understood. He was not only a very good instructor but fun as the same time. His knowledge of the moutain was outstanding and added an extra trat to my ski lessons. For me this was a fantastic weeks skiing and I attribute the most to having a superb ski instructor. As for my children, they have come away with many happy childhood memeories, in fact they’ve both said it’s been their best holiday ever. Valérie was excellent with the children and I was stunned by their progress during the week. Again I can only attribute this to their ski instrucor, Valérie, who felt completely at ease wiht when I left them in her care. I would like to thank Marc and Valérie for making our holiday a special one. Merci
Dear Marc, thank you so much for the great time we spent together. It was truly enjoyable and special. We can’t wait to come back.
Gal and Tania
This a feedback from last week all good. Marc and Valérie PESAS made the ski trip a real pleasure. They were simply the best !!! Valérie was an excellent teacher. Jamie had an excellent week in her company. Marc for the boys was great. He would bring them to and from them.
I thoroughly enjoyed the lessons and thought Marc PESAS is a fantastic instructor !! I feel like I’ve learnt soo much and gained loads of confidence in my ability so much so cant wait to get back on the snow and I’m planning the next holiday already ! Thanks to Marc, I realmlu did appreciate his patience and excellent tuition.