I spent my entire youth on the shores of Lake Annecy, where I learnt basic sailing and skiing skills. Thanks to family connections with Charles Diebold, one of the resort’s pioneers, and to my uncle who taught me how to ski, my cousins and I discovered Val d’Isère at an early age, first for holidays then as a place of work.
Still a passionate sportswoman (sailing, swimming, squash, cycling and motor cycling), I split my time between Val d’Isère and the county of Herault in the South of France where, between training sessions, my husband and I are designing and building our second house.
From a professional point of view, I gained much experience in planning and organizing outdoor activities for kids when I worked for the UCPA (National Association of Outdoor Sports Centres) and Evolution 2 Ski School.
- I am fully qualified to teach to anyone but I specialize in teaching children and can adapt my lessons to the very youngest, from two and a half years of age.
- The skiing program and daily rhythm are adjusted to match the physiological and psychological capacities of each child.
- I usually get on well with kids because I focus on creating a fun environment in which to learn and meet new challenges. There’s never a dull moment.
- Different age groups are centred around specific interests with teenagers being gradually led towards a safe and responsible enjoyment of all-terrain skiing.
- My teaching methods are based on role-play with educational games inciting children to adopt the correct posture and position through imitation.
- I believe it’s important to spend time exchanging with parents before and after the skiing sessions to monitor their child’s technical, physical and psychological progress.
- Fluent in French and English
- Fully qualified French National Ski Instructor
- Fully qualified French National Sailing Instructor
- B.A.F.A. Youth leadership diploma
MY AREAS OF EXPERTISE
Tuition for children
On-piste and hard snow technique
Skiing on all types of natural snows
Tuition for adults
Leisure skiing : the best snow and the best food
Prices and lesson times for 1 to 6 persons, may be modified according to specific requirements.
Your booking will be confirmed upon reception of a 30% deposit, payable by cheque or bank transfer.
The balance may be paid :
- in cash (Euros)
- by French cheque in Euros
- via bank transfer into my professional account
For extra flexibility, if my schedule permits, times may be adapted to fit your requirements.
Contact / information
Please do not hesitate to contact me for any further information.
Valérie Pesas : +33(0)188.8.131.52.40 / email : firstname.lastname@example.org